- An easy, straightforward and authoritative guide - written in plain English.
- Provides a complete package for trustees, pension managers and administrative staff: looseleaf manual + updates + online.
- Contains all the essential knowledge trustees require to perform their role accurately, efficiently and according to the law.
- No prior knowledge is assumed. The guide is designed to provide a solid grounding which boosts confidence and lessens risk.
- It is presented in a clear and readily accessible way and is free of jargon.
- An ideal training resource and practical 'how to do it' guide for distribution to all the trustees of a fund.
- Fully covers the syllabus for the PMI Trustee Certificate.
- The best possible introduction for newly appointed and prospective trustees.
- Deals with the changes you face in 2006 (implications of the Pensions Act 2004, Finance Act 2004, etc.)
The Guide for Pension Trustees is specially designed as an easy self instruction manual, ready
reference and training resource. It delivers to the fingertips all the essential knowledge trustees
and pensions personnel require to carry out their duties.
Written in plain English, it provides practical, reliable, independent guidance so trustees and pension scheme managers can be
confident they are doing the job properly and according to the legal requirements.
There is a solutions emphasis throughout: what you need to know, and how to do it knowledgeably,
efficiently and safely. A simple layout and clear, easy to understand text facilitate the learning and
The Guide is a proven technical resource and is recommended core reading by the Pensions Management Institute (PMI). It
contains everything trustees need to pass the PMI's Trustee Certificate of Essential Pensions Knowledge exam, and is used as training
and seminar material by leading corporations and consultancies.
It is also a valuable resource for those studying for the PMI's Retirement Provision Certificate,
Financial Adviser Certificate in Trustee Pensions Knowledge, and the CII Pensions Simplification examination.
And the Guide never gets out of date: with its regular updating service and online access, it works all year round, each year; every year
- whatever the changes in legislation and other factors affecting pensions.
What you get
- A practical and reliable looseleaf manual of essential pensions knowledge, to help trustees and
companies deal with the procedures, run an efficient operation and keep their schemes safe.
We will send you a customised ring binder containing the latest fully-updated 460 page content of the Guide.
- An updating service - four supplements a year to update the manual and to keep trustees and pension managers
abreast of new developments and requirements, and to ensure the information in your ring binder remains current and correct. The updates typically include:
ONLINE ACCESS to the Guide's website at www.gpt-online.com. The
site is a fully searchable resource. It contains the full text of the hardcopy looseleaf manual and updates, with
the extra navigational advantages that online provides. You can pinpoint precisely the information you need, when
you need it, instantly. You can search or browse more than 1,600 numbered essential text paragraphs, follow
cross-references to relevant material painlessly, view case studies and notes that provide additional explanation and Do's and Dont's,
and click links that take you immediately to other leading pension industry websites and sources of useful information.
On receipt of your subscription order we will send you your User ID and password to enable you to access GPT Online.
- A 'What's New' summary
- Replacement pages for insertion in the looseleaf Guide, containing revisions and updates to existing material.
- New, additional pages containing vital information such as details of forthcoming legislation and regulatory changes,
and how they will affect you.
- Regularly revised Indexes to help you navigate the Guide and get quickly to the precise information you require.
- Content that constantly evolves in line with new legislation and pension industry developments, along with
practical refinements to make the Guide ever more useful and relevant for your work.
It's all designed to help trustees and company pensions personnel carry out their duties quickly and efficiently, secure in the knowledge
they are doing things correctly, professionally and according to the legal requirements.